Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mail Call 22 years 10 months ago #15344

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I have spent months trying to remember our first postmans name. First of all,I don't know what the guys rate was, but to us he was the postman. I remember him being the first black guy I'd ever seen with green eyes and freckles. He was very friendly. I remember him telling me he was from Neosho Missouri.I think he left the ship after our 65 cruise. I may have finally remembered. Wasn't he called Hutch, short for Hutchinson? Okay, now who was our barber back then? I'm drawing a total blank on that one.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mail Call 22 years 10 months ago #15346

• dcreed
The only barber that I remember was Weaver. That would be the '66 cruise.

Don Reed
MM2 6/66-11/68

Mail Call 22 years 10 months ago #15347

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I don't know if he was the original or not. The name doesn't ring a bell. Thanks

Wes

Mail Call 22 years 10 months ago #15360

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
The postman was named Hutchinson. He was a really nice guy, and I actually think that might have been his rate, although I'm not sure about that. The barber's name was Nick Weaver, and he was a good guy too. Somewhere in my pictures, I have on of him standing in my sickbay. I remember when one of our captains suddenly decided that our hair was too long, and our names were automatically put on Nick's list every two weeks. I wish I had enough hair not that it would matter.

Mail Call 22 years 10 months ago #15361

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Coop, Thanks for verifying it was Hutch. I agree, he was a really nice guy. I still can't remember any Weaver though. I looked him up in the cruise book and still don't remember him.

Wes

Mail Call 22 years 10 months ago #15364

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I don't know why I remember him better than anyone, but I think it was because he was friends with Estabrook and that Greek laundry guy and they hung around sickbay. Like I said, I have a picture of him in sickbay in a photo album I have. That's the only reason. I think he was from NY or somewhere up there.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds